Great Story!

Bill Coleman

From: CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list-boun...@cnc-list.com] On Behalf Of NORTHERN
LIGHT via CnC-List
Sent: Thursday, July 09, 2020 11:45 AM
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com
Cc: NORTHERN LIGHT
Subject: Stus-List C&C 37 vs Hurricane Dorian

Hey guys,

sorry for the dramatic title, it was not meant to look like clickbait on a YT
channel :)

But here’s a little story for the C&C community:

I spent the last 4 years prepping my boat, Northern Light for a passage to
Europe and the Med, and finally last summer I left from Nova Scotia,
destination, Azores. Just before hitting the Gulf Stream, on a windless day
while motoring gently at 1500 rpm when my world turned upside down. The cockpit
floor started shaking and the most horrendous grinding noise coming from under
the binnacle…I stopped the engine, and went back in my bunk for some thinking.
What could that have been? I put a Gopro on a boat hook and checked the prop to
see if I had snagged a fishing line or something. All looked good underneath. I
opened the engine hatch, all looked ok, I opened the cockpit access hatch and
looked at the shaft, all was well, the shaft was not overheating. I started the
engine again and it ran fine. I put it in gear and all sounded normal.