Hi Josh,

Don't sweat the small stuff. It doesn't matter a wit if the cutlass bearing overhangs the strut by an 1/2, 1/4, 1/8 or is flush. Zero, nada.

I would centre the difference for ascetics reason and call it a day.

Interestingly I had this situation on Sweet (in the ol' days) and there was no interference in the fit. It didn't require thermal difference or a press-fit, simply relying on a set screw. To backup the set screw a simple centre punch to raise a dimple fore & aft in the exposed ends can keep it from "walking out" of the strut.

        Cheers, Russ
        Vancouver Island