Glen,

The 35-1 stoves were pressurized alcohol.  We still use ours.  The Admiral
teaches an outdoor base camp cooking class for the Louisiana Wildlife and
Fisheries Department so we not only are familiar with pressurized alcohol
stoves we kinda like them.  :)

The instructions for using them are posted on the C&C Photo Album website
(Gee, what a great resource it is.)

http://www.cncphotoalbum.com/other/shipmatestove.htm

I installed a truck tire valve stem on my tank and use a small bicycle pump
to pressure the system.

Most of them use a Primus burner.  Some parts are shared with camping
stoves.

Alcohol fires can be put out with water.  Alcohol doesn't accumulate in the
bilge.  :)

--
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83