I have a rainwater leak that appears to be coming from the short track mounted
on the top of the cockpit coaming.  It is through bolted with 6 bolts and I can
acess the nuts from the rear cabin roof and I have been able to loosen those.
However, there are two roundhead screws, one at each end of the track that I
cannot budge.  I have tried my little Makita impact driver that has never
failed me, and no movement.  I tried iwth a small sledgehammer and an manual
impact driver and nothing.  So I can think of three options and would
appreciate input:

1.  Since the leak is presumably coming down the bolts, I could remove them and
try to jam enough butyl or other sealent to try to seal around the bolts as
they pass through the cabintop.
2.  Shear off the tops of the screws (oscillating tool?), remove the track and
then try to etract the body (or not).  Since I have never used those tracks and
don’t intend to, I am not terribly concerned about functionality and I don’t
see why 6 bolts would not be sufficient if they were used.
3.  Find something more powerful in the way of an impact driver.  I checked
around and have not yet found an “industrial” sized version to rent.
4. Other?

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT