Listers:

                Slight change of topic.  I don’t know if this issue is common
with production boats (I did not notice it on my 34), but on my boat I have a
similar drainage problem in several locations down below.  Specifically, many
of the limber holes are not flush with the area being drained.  As a result,
water accumulates until a certain level is reached, which means a little water
is nearly always present in these locations.  Worse, most of the limber holes
are under floorboards and in similar locations that are not readily observable.
 A PO attempted to solve this problem in the worst locations by applying bond-o
to the hull to build it up to the limber hole.  However, the bond-o does not
have an even surface, and small amounts of water can seep in between the bond-o
and the hull.  I’m thinking about removing the bond-o and building up these
areas with something more permanent that will bond to the glass and self-level
while curing, like West System or other epoxy.  I figured I can prepare the
area, put a cork in the limber hole, and pour in epoxy until it is flush with
the bottom of the hole.

                Do others have this issue, and does my proposed solution make
sense?  Is there a simpler/better solution?  Thanks in advance.

                Matt

                C&C 42 Custom