Done what i can at mooring away from home. Hard to access of course. With cable
off Transmission shifter moves easily by hand. Cable also seems freely moving.
Convinced that shift lever was upside down since rib was ground away from
apparent rubbing. Swapped it so now shift lever up is forward and down reverse.
Not sure if there is a standard.  Transmission fluid level fine and clean
Changed that in spring.  Won’t be able to tell if i improved anything until
tomorrow trip home. Still unclear whether slipping slightly out of gear would
cause vibration. Boat did not obviously slow down while vibrating. Could a
Maxprop issue cause that?  Thanks for ideas. Dave

Sent from my iPhone