Thanks for your kind words and to Bruno for his but that write up and solution
is based on the help I received from others on this list (referred to and
quoted on the blog) who had addressed the problem before I did.   All I did was
document that and my own variations on their themes.     Credit where due and
I’m glad it helps as I’m sure those others are.  Yes this list is invaluable.

In answer to your question - imo you should bed the keel at the end.  get
everything clean dry and prepped  before starting any finishing and in any
case, rebedding will require tightening the keel bolts, which you can’t do till
your done the repair.  If you can lift the hull off the keel without a lot of
hassle and expense and get those long bolts out of the way your life will be
easier.  The two are a trade off.

Holes - I’d just Empty the cavity Of wet putty as a priority.  Do that and you
won’t need to drill any holes.  I drilled to investigate the amount of water
trapped, next time (lol) I won’t bother.  you already know all you need to know
about the water ingress.

Plan and visualize your steps.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone