From: Hoyt, Mike [mailto:mike.h...@impgroup.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 8:43 AM
To: 'Stus-List' <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Stus-List Re: [SUSPICIOUS MSG: 1] [SUSPICIOUS MSG: 2] Re:
Propane Locker - C&C 30 MK1

We have CNG on Persistence.  While it does eliminate the need for a dedicated
propane locker it can be quite a pain to have the tank refilled
(Co-incidentally I am doing that today).  The tanks are heavy and once empty if
you don't have a second tank you have to wait until it is refilled before you
can once again use your stove/oven.  It is also somewhat awkward to put the
tank in place and to remove as it requires my physical presence inside the
cockpit locker.

That said it is very safe and a tank lasts a very long time.  Also the gauge is
much more accurate than those on propane tanks.

If you are thinking about the possibility of CNG check for availability of
exchange or refill options in your area as you very first step in the process.

This link is to a photo taken at time of our pre-purchase survey which shows
the CNG tank installation.  You will note that it is completely out of the way.

http://hoytsailing.com/CNG_Small.jpg<https://protect2.fireeye.com/v1/url?k=99a45d13-c5326bf0-99a47464-0cc47adc5fec-79f8f6833633e326&q=1&e=2c7f6064-a7fc-40ff-bb47-be3688fd9bf0&u=http%3A%2F%2Fhoytsailing.com%2FCNG_Small.jpg>

Mike Hoyt
Persistence
Halifax, NS