From: Peter Fell [mailto:prf...@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, September 29, 2020 9:14 PM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Stus-List Re: Propane Locker - C&C 30 MK1

I'm curious .. with the tank on the stern rail as pictured, how are the ABYC
requirements fulfilled?

1.  LPG cylinders, cylinder valves, regulating equipment, and safety devices
shall be readily accessible, secured for sea conditions, and protected from the
weather and against mechanical damage  i.e. your tank and (I assume regulator,
gauge and solenoid) are unprotected.
2.  installed in a ventilated location on the exterior of the boat where
escaping gases will flow directly overboard i.e. just as much chance to flow
into the cockpit.
3. A relief valve’s point of discharge shall be at least 20 inches (508mm)
distant from any opening to a cabin or the hull interior. i.e. your tank is
right next to the blower intake (or exhaust, I'm not sure which).

Don't get me wrong, I've wrestled with the same issues and it is near
impossible to meet all requirements in a retrofit. My propane system isn't
connected right now, until I have a better plan in place (and my composite tank
is expired anyway).