I think I would try and get the engine running. You've got the left water
lift or muffler or whatever, and you want to blow it through there, and not
have water sitting in there.  You're going to have to get it running sooner
or later anyways.

Bill

On Mon, Oct 12, 2020, 6:51 PM Nate Flesness <nateflesn...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I have 1980 30-1 with the original yanmar 2qm15, and was going to run
> antifreeze through the engine today (she's raw water cooled).
> Wouldn't turn over enough to start, starter made grindy noises slowly
> I pulled a low battery to charge and will try again tomorrow.
> BUT, if that doesn't start it, has anyone winterized without starting the
> engine?
> Ideas are air compressor blowing out, or just maybe pull the impeller and
> gravity feed antifreeze from on high?
> Ideas welcome...
>
> Nate
>
> 1980 30-1
> Sarah Jean
> On the hard bythe St, Croix River, Hudson WI
>

>> October is the time to show your appreciation with a small contribution
> to this list to help offset the costs. If you want to support the list -
> Thanks - Stu
October is the time to show your appreciation with a small contribution to this
list to help offset the costs. If you want to support the list - use PayPal to