jarel

No experience with the marinized VW engine ...From the site I have attached, it says "

 * Timing Belt – this is rubber and although no problem on the
   shoreside engines, the marine engine belts seem to deteriorate quiet
   quickly and snap.

https://www.brighthubengineering.com/marine-engines-machinery/105910-design-operation-and-overhaul-of-pathfinder-marine-engine/

As I mentioned, a club member has/had a VW marinized engine (not sure of HP)....he did not realize it had a timing belt and it broke and destroyed the engine.  He had to repower.

FYI

Rob Abbott

AZURA

C&C 32 - #277