I never considered gluing blocks with 5200.  I always used epoxy to glue
them in place and then encapsulate to protect from water.

I also thought 5200 was the goto for all through fittings below the
waterline, no?

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+
Solomons, MD

On Wed, Oct 21, 2020, 19:57 Dennis C. <capt...@gmail.com> wrote:

> As others have said, 3M 5200 is an adhesive, not a sealant.  Virtually the
> ONLY place I use 3M 5200 is to PERMANENTLY GLUE teak blocks to the inside
> of the hull or a bulkhead so that I can screw a fastener into it.
>
> Refer to this chart for suggested sealant usages.
>

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/12WmFxRiqzUw2xiqLaEtfBpS1pYocZID-/view?usp=sharing
>
> The chart does not include butyl rubber which is great for sealing deck
> hardware where there is a potential for movement or flexing.
>
> Not sure if you can download it but you're welcome to.
>
> --
> Dennis C.
> Touche' 35-1 #83
> Mandeville, LA
> October is the time to show your appreciation with a small contribution to
> this list to help offset the costs. If you want to support the list - use
> - Stu
October is the time to show your appreciation with a small contribution to this
list to help offset the costs. If you want to support the list - use PayPal to