When we splashed Touche' after the Hurricane Sally repairs, we noticed a
strange thing.  When we fired up the air conditioner, the cooling water was
much reduced from normal.  I have a tee in the line and an adaptor to
attach a dock hose.  I also have a valve on the discharge thru hull.

I attached the dock hose, closed the discharge valve and blasted the line
upstream through the inlet.  I then closed the inlet valve, opened the
discharge valve and blasted downstream.  Afterwards, the flow was much
improved.

That got us wondering about the rest of the drains, scuppers, etc.  Sure
enough, the head sink drain was completely plugged.  Amazing that, in a
marina, the boat moved enough that the stuff could "pump" its way onto the
counter.  We blew it out with dock water pressure.  See the picture linked
below.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1cf0QdaiP1rqt-LYtH2Yb2Pft-8w0lMuA/view?usp=sharing

The galley sink drain was also plugged and required disassembly to clear.
We blew out the cockpit scuppers.

After some head scratching, we decided the pluggage was vegetative debris
which somehow entered the thruhulls during the storm, floated on top of the
water columns and then agglomerated once things calmed down.  Yes, all the
thru hull valves were open.

Only the drains which were open to the atmosphere were affected.  Those
that had configurations that prevented free flow, the engine intake and
head intake were not affected.

Just a crazy hurricane thing.

Touche' is back in Louisiana now safe and secure in its home slip in
Mandeville.
30°20'59.29"N  90° 3'14.42"W
--
Dennis C.