From: Martin DeYoung <martin.deyo...@outlook.com>
To: cnc-list@cnc-list.com <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Thu, Dec 3, 2020 9:05 pm
Subject: Stus-List Calypso 1971 C&C 43 update

 <!--#yiv1464046993 _filtered {} _filtered {}#yiv1464046993 #yiv1464046993
p.yiv1464046993MsoNormal, #yiv1464046993 li.yiv1464046993MsoNormal,
#yiv1464046993 div.yiv1464046993MsoNormal
{margin:0in;font-size:11.0pt;font-family:"Calibri", sans-serif;}#yiv1464046993
a:link, #yiv1464046993 span.yiv1464046993MsoHyperlink
{color:blue;text-decoration:underline;}#yiv1464046993
.yiv1464046993MsoChpDefault {} _filtered {}#yiv1464046993
div.yiv1464046993WordSection1 {}-->Calypso’s 5+ year restoration continues, and
may be picking up pace.  I got distracted from the rebuild by selling a
business, retiring, moving to Port Ludlow (near Port Townsend WA) and of
course, the Covid-19 pandemic. A recap:   Calypso, a C&C design “Limited
Edition” built by Bruckmann’s in late 1970, launched as Arieto in January 1971,
hull #1 of +-15 hulls sold. After a successful racing career out of Boston it
was sold to the Great Lakes as first Phantom then Esta Es and raced in many
Chi-Mac races.  We purchased her in late 1998 and trucked her out west to
Seattle.   From 1999 to 2015 we raced and cruised Calypso around the PNW
including a 2015 summer trip around Vancouver Island.  At the end of that
summer it was clear the 44 years of hard miles and exposure had taken its toll.
 There was rotted balsa core in +-20 sq ft of deck, multiple bulkheads with
rotted plywood near the hull, 300 old fastener holes that needed epoxy filling,
tired deck, topsides, and interior paint, and many more old boat issues.
Today, most of the major repairs are complete, some needed structural upgrades
added (used the original C&C drawings to guide us), and she is almost ready for
the paint shed planned for this spring or early summer.  We will move Calypso
from its Shilshole Bay Marina slip to the Port Ludlow marina as soon as a slip
is available.  I can see the marina from my house and drive there in 5 minutes,
6 if there’s traffic so the pace of project completion will pick up
considerably.   Aprox. 5 years ago I switched to following the cnc-list via the
digest. The recent list software upgrade pushed me back to the “full meal deal”
of receiving all the emails.  As I now have a good working knowledge of them,
I will chime in if I see any questions from owners of Bruckmann built C&Cs from
the early 70’s.   Martin DeYoungCalypso1971 C&C 43Seattle/Port Ludlow   Sent
from Mail for Windows 10   Thanks to all of the subscribers that contributed to
the list to help with the costs involved.  If you want to show your support to
the list - use PayPal to send contribution --  https://www.paypal.me/stumurray
Thanks - Stu