Brad,
I installed the propane Dickinson Cozy Cabin Heater on our 30mkII that we
keep in Gig Harbor, so the same climate. We have only had it for a few
months but it has allowed us to anchor out now any winter weekend we want
to and we do. We never spend nights at the dock. Coldest nights using it
have been in low 30's so far, but above freezing. We were as comfortable as
could be with the setting just above  low. I would be willing to be it
would take care of your 36 just fine on Med-high in our climate that is, if
you were wanting a simpler, cheaper heat source without the big Charlie
Noble on deck. My heater was $475 Go-2-Marine (I think.) The high setting
would definitely work for you in my opinion, especially if you move the air
around with a fan. I have less waterline than you of course, but quite a
bit of interior volume in the Rob Ball boats.
There are detractors of the Cozy Cabin because it uses cabin air for
combustion (I am sure we will hear from them shortly), but there is a built
in, automatic low oxygen shutoff for a fail safe, and we always have
hatches cracked throughout the boat anyway. There is almost no danger from
asphyxiation due to lack of oxygen in my opinion.
Flag me down next time you see us swinging on the hook. We were on Lake
Union at MOHAI for a weekend just before Christmas. Too bad I did not get
this message two weeks ago, you could have stopped by!
Kevin
"Osprey"

Kevin Driscoll