Thanks to all who responded to my bottom paint inquiry. Between your responses,
my diver’s thoughts and a little thought of my own, I have a plan:
1. I am sticking with a hard ablative, Petite Vivid or Odyssey?
2. Rough up/sand the entire bottom and feather any edges where the old paint
flaked off completely to provide a good surface for new paint.
3. Roll on 2 coats with a third coat on leading edges of keel/bow/rudder and
centerboard.4.The diver wipes down bottom, effectively smoothing the ablative
paint pretty well. He does this before almost every race and when in the water,
the paint is easy to clean and smooth. (When on the hard, the paint isn’t
‘ablating’ and would need sanding to remove the roller imprint. In the water,
the diver does the smoothing relatively easily.)
I think this will work well and significantly reduce the cost since a lot of
sanding will be eliminated.
Feel free to comment on this plan.
Also any thought on Petit’s new ablative Odssey paint?
Thanks again,
Charlie Nelson1995 C&C 36 XL/kcbWater Phantom

Sent from the all new Aol app for iOS