Congrats on the boat.  Where are you located?

That's the smile mentioned.  The broken teeth is just filler or fairing
material that broke off.  I've seen much worse.

You can use an angle grinder with an 80 grit flap disc (40 grit if you have
skills) to gently remove the high spots and loose stuff and expose the joint.
Be careful as the more material you remove, the more you have to fill/fair.
Fill the actual joint with GFlex or Thixo Flex from Jamestown Distributers and
smooth with a flexible spreader, then after it cures, sand the area, wipe the
dust off with Acetone or Zylene and fair with Total Fair from
Jamestowndistributers.  It's an easy to mix and easy to sand, waterproof,
compound.

There are many videos on YouTube showing how.

Chuck Scheaffer, Resolute 1989 34R, Pasadena Md