My boat has 3 bilge pumps. I have electric pumps at the aft end of the bilge
and in the sump. The manual pump also runs to the sump. The get a 35 totally
dry you would need about 6 bilge pumps at least, the bilge does not flow evenly
to either end.
Offshore in rough conditions you pay for the speedy hull design, the low point
is frequently not the bilge at all and keeping water out of the lockers and so
on is a nuisance.

Joe
Coquina
C&C 35 MK I