From: CHARLES SCHEAFFER via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Date: 2021-01-30 15:09 (GMT-05:00)
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: Graham Collins <cnclistforw...@hotmail.com>, CHARLES SCHEAFFER
<cscheaf...@comcast.net>
Subject: Stus-List Re: America is out of the America's Cup

Don't be a "Debbie Downer"

New Zealand didn't have to help.  There have been many America's Cups with only
one Challenger like Sir Thomas Lipton,  Sopwith etc.  New Zealand against
Conner.  America's Oracle against the Swiss Alinghi.  In fact more single
challengers than multiple ones.  New Zealand is a "class-act".

Yeah the competition is expensive.  It's never been for the average guy.  It's
for JP-Morgan, Vanderbuilt, Ellison, billionaries, etc.   And it pays for a lot
of sailmakers, boat builders, electronic companies, hydraulic mechanics, etc,
etc.  "The sails aren't canvas anymore."  How much money did Ken Read pay to
commentate the races so he could advertise his North Carbon sails?  It's big
business.