Hi Kevin,I also have the LF 39. The chain plates are 3/8th stainless bar stock
through bolted to frame members glassed to the hull, they are about 3 feet
long. I pulled my mast 3 years ago, replaced the rod rigging, and basically
rebuilt the mast. Goose neck was trashed. Major reason for yarding out the
mast. At that time I lulled all the chain plates and inspected. I found minor
pitting where water had gotten to the bolts. A quick clean up with red scotch
Brite, new bolts and back together. I would imagine the 43 is similar in
construction. FWIWDoug. Sent from my T-Mobile 4G LTE Device