If you are paying someone to paint your boat, it will be expensive even with
latex house paint. Don’t pay a pro big $$$ to spray on crappy paint.
There are cheaper marine paints around. Isn’t AlexSeal a lower price boat
paint? Rustoleum makes lower cost boat paint as well.
* I think some work boats actually do get painted with exterior house paint,
they know the boats will get beat on and thus not worth a yacht level finish.

My Imron paint was done in 1987 and looks decent where the boat hasn’t got
scratched up (hit and run in Annapolis)

Joe Della Barba Coquina C&C 35  MK I
www.dellabarba.com<http://www.dellabarba.com>