Now interesting you mention ceramic-based coatings....I just bought a bottle of Hyper Slick Ceramic Coat HyperWax for my car.    If it works on a car, glass, etc., why couldn't it work on gelcoat.

WAC22916 - Hydro Slick Ceramic Coating Hyper Wax (16 oz) - Chemical Guys Canada <https://store.chemicalguyscanada.ca/wac22916-hydro-slick-ceramic-coating-hyper-wax-16.html>

And according to the UTube videos on applying it, you simply put it on a mirco sponge and spread it onto the surface....minimal buffing.

Someone tell me it is O.K. to use this product on my gelcoat....not as easy as spraying and rinsing but easier than my normal liquid waxes.

Rob Abbott
AZURA
C&C 32 - #277
Halifax, N.S.

On 2021-03-17 8:49 p.m., Chuck Saur via CnC-List wrote:
Has anyone tried any of the ‘new’ ceramic-based coatings that would replace waxing the hull?  Not sure if this is for real or not...promises of shiny boat and uv protection for entire year in a bottle. (Seems I’ve heard that one before?) Glidecoat is pricey and many products/other stuff is around $50-100 a bottle.

Would be nice to shoot a spray as opposed to certain shoulder impingement...any thoughts?  Cheers!  Chuck @Daydream 37+
--
*
*