I had my bottom stripped this past summer.  The guy used what can only be
described as a hand held planer to strip the gel-coat and layers of
fiberglass.  He relaid 2 layers of fiberglass and then barrier coated it
with a MIL-spec product.  MIL-DTL-24441 Ultra High Solids (UHS) by Sherwin
Williams

https://industrial.sherwin-williams.com/na/us/en/protective-marine/catalog/product/mil-dtl-24441-type-iv.9528308.html

I found a little bit of research from the US Navy about it.
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Nvoi-ISVw-EBBAdXvqyUkA1ABqBhvKOe/view?usp=drivesdk

The guy that did the job claims he's one of the only people who still do
this type of work in the Chesapeake Bay area.  He raves about the quality
of the MIL-spec stuff.  Said it is a 2 part epoxy (the same as interprotect
2000 but way harder and better). 🤷‍♂️

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=1HO_WioKQN365bHuBj0Cp-8bNTvU3KVza

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk