Last week's discussion on midships cleats got me to innovating (again).
Here's my latest idea.

I took an old spring hook and slid 1/4 ID black surgical tubing over it.
It clips easily onto the soft shackle which stays permanently affixed to
the toe rail.  It's easier than putting the soft shackle through the eye of
the spring line every time.  The tubing keeps the spring hook from damaging
the topsides paint since it now hangs below the rub rail.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1AL3VUgx_Xk2PStPI65nMAITnPXBOey8m/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1fnnEaS9gIv-3f_y7qCSszqHrLlrzKjei/view?usp=sharing

The tubing slid on fairly easily after I lubricated it and the spring hook
with dishwashing detergent.

--
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83