My 38 also has a tank under the port and starboard settees. Each of the
tanks has a shutoff valve at the outlet. The two drain hoses meet at a T
under the floorboards, and from this T is the line to the pressure pump.

Curiously, there is also a shutoff valve on each side of the T. I could see
no good purpose for the second shutoff in each supply line (unless it was
there to stop all the water from leaking out through a broken line), so I
left them in place when I replaced the hoses a while back.

Maybe you have an arrangement like this one?

Rick Brass

Washington, NC