I installed our Espar D2 as far aft as possible - up high under the aft
coaming on the starboard side. This allowed for a short exhaust outlet
(note that the standard mufflers sold with these units may not be marine
grade and leak exhaust gases as they are not fully welded; I bought a
marine grade unit online for $100, others have had the seams welded). I ran
the air duct along the underside of the starboard cockpit coaming where it
exits just above the nav desk. I may extend it further forward at some
point, but it works well enough on our 35 mk2, although the D2 model
struggles in 0C outside temperatures and runs on high for a long time.
Keeping it as far aft as possible helps reduce noise. One it switches to
low, it is fairly quiet.

--
Shawn Wright
shawngwri...@gmail.com