While an emergency tiller is a necessary safety item, I strongly suggest better
maintenance of the cable/chain and wheel system.  There are many online videos
from Edson and others that show how to do that.
https://edsonmarine.com/sailboat-product-videos/

Emergency tiller rope purchase
FWIW, Our boat came with a short emergency tiller.  Our plan is to use a simple
rope purchase as was used on larger sailing vessels in the past to control
their tillers.

Here is a wonderful video of the Jolie Brise (Jolly Breeze) which has an
enormous sail area contolled by a simple tiller.  To see the rope purchase,
skip to 12 min and pause it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZzyGJeQg7bc

Hope you enjoy these videos.

Chuck S