Hey folks,

Without getting too deep into the details, I'm having a bit of difficulty
finding fittings to plumb my new bilge pumpS overboard.  I've envisioned a
solution but it requires use of PVC and glued joints.  This throws up some
red flags in my mind but I'm not really sure why or if it is actually
frowned upon.  These fittings are not below the waterline and are not
connected to anything below the waterline except the bilge pump.  The hoses
will have a high point to avoid the very unlikely possibility of a syphon.
TBH it kinda comes down to whether or not an inspector/surveyor would
immediately throw the flag if they saw a PVC fitting.

As a funny side note the PO used grey PVC (conduit) elbow and a white PVC
elbow (both NPT) on some of my through hulls.  They have subsequently been
trapped in place by other modifications which prevent unscrewing them so
replacement means serious destruction.  The purchase surveyor commented
about them but didn't note it on the survey and subsequent surveyors have
not mentioned them.  Those are threaded AND below the waterline so it's a
bit of a different story.

Figured I'd get a feeling from the group so I can at least know why it's
wrong.

Josh Muckley
S/V Sea Hawk
1989 C&C 37+