I tried lantern wick for a while.  Worked great but did not last long in UV
exposure.

Baggywrinkle candidates mentioned in the past include cotton rope, custom
cut sponges, pieces of cotton T-shirts, etc.

As important as the material might be the design.  The baggywrinkle should
contact the deck and hang down a few inches from the rub rail so the water
drips clear of the topsides.

I need to make some new ones for Touche'.  Probably just a cotton rope with
a knot.

  --
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83