Hi Everyone thanks very much for your suggestions.

Tryfan is a 1985 C&C33-2 and I’m reasonably sure the source of the water
ingress was the toe rail.

The wooden bulkhead is for sure rotten on the RHS, but only about 1/4 of the
entire bulkhead is compromised.

The anchor locker is completely glassed in (heavy duty, solid) and no way to
get to the wooden bulkhead from there. This makes me think that the wooden
bulkhead is nothing more than decorative.

I like the idea of utilizing an oscillating tool (or other?) to cut out the
damaged portion and replace just what was removed, as per Martin and Bruno’s
suggestion.

Then cover with some sort of veneer or paint or both.

I really appreciate all the suggestions though - thanks again!

Regards,

Andy