We are back in the water for the season. Splashed a little late this year so that we could replace our 2 blade fixed prop with a 3 blade PYI max-prop.  What an improvement!  The vibration running the prop is much less with the three blade and our "singing" at 4 knots under sail is gone. Seems it was a resonance from the prop spinning with the transmission in neutral.  Finally figured that out when we could get the same resonance when we throttled down to idle.

First time out with our new AIS as well.  Seems to work as advertised.  It is connected to the Garmin chartplotter via the Seatalkng network and to the VHF via NEMA 0183.  Only (minor) complaint is all the collision warnings in the marina when others light up their AIS.  At least it lets me know it is working.  I haven't decided if I will turn off the collision alarm or not.

UK Sails, Chicago picked up our sails this spring and applied the logo (main) and sail numbers (both) to the main and jib.  They finished the sails last spring during lockdown but didn't add the numbers or logo.  We sailed with plain white sails last summer and returned them.the loft lived up to their promises.

Got out yesterday for our shakedown.  Our only issue is that we need to calibrate our wind sensor next sail.  It seems to be off by 15-20 degrees.  A couple circles on the way out next sail is no big deal.

Neil Schiller
1983 C&C 35-3, #028, "Grace"
Whitehall, Michigan