If you look at the rudder tube (that surrounds the rudder post), there is a
grease cup. Unscrew it, and fill it with grease. then screw it back on and
give it a couple of turns as someone turns the wheel from one extreme to
the other. In most cases, that's all it takes to make the helm smooth again.

Alan Bergen
35 Mk III Thirsty
Rose City YC
Portland, OR