From: David Swensen via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: July-01-21 7:25 PM
To: Stus-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: petemcm...@gmail.com; CHARLES SCHEAFFER <cscheaf...@comcast.net>; David
Swensen <ka123dswense...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Re: solar fans

Chuck,

What is the placement of your solar fans?

On Thu, Jul 1, 2021 at 5:42 PM CHARLES SCHEAFFER via CnC-List
<cnc-list@cnc-list.com <mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com> > wrote:

FWIW, I think solar fans make more sense than opening ports. Opening ports are
nice to have but when the breeze stops, the air stops moving.  Rain and spray
can enter an opening port easily while the new model solar fans protect from
rain and they will work automatically when the boat is closed up and keep it
smelling fresh.

I have four solar fans on my 35 footer.  Some solar fans like my Nicro fans
have a rechargable battery and run all night.  My Nicro fans have an On/Off
switch and a damper to close in rough weather.  I couldn't find them anywhere
so they may be out of business.  I have two off-brand chinese model fans that
don't have batteries and only run when it's sunny.  I had Marinco fans but they
stick up three inches above the deck and caught the sheets too often.  The
cheaper chinese fans work better for my purposes as they stick up only 1 inch
and lines roll right over them.

Chuck Scheaffer, Resolute 1990 C&C 34R