I just watched the Edson video and it looks doable for a DIY project.  I am
awaiting some info from Edson to know which kit to buy, unless someone knows.
My boat is not in their database online.  In answer to Josh, the cabin floor is
not removable, but it looks like you can do this with pedestal intact, so I
plan to try that first.  I am sure feeding the new cable through will be its of
fun.  Thanks for the thoughts and encouragement.  Dave

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT