From: Dave S via CnC-List [mailto:cnc-list@cnc-list.com]
Sent: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 11:40 AM
To: Stus-List
Cc: Dave S
Subject: Stus-List Re: need fuel pump for Universal M4-30

All - I will assume this engine consumes less than 1 gal per hour and all that
the pump does is provide lift - pretty non critical as far as fuel pumps go.

This type is commonly used in smaller displacement vintage car restorations,
and would assume aircraft.   Reputable brand, very basic.  At C$60  buy two and
keep one as a spare.

https://www.aircraftspruce.ca/catalog/pnpages/40106.php?gclid=Cj0KCQjwvO2IBhCzARIsALw3ASpONQOKjx8iPBFkovKXohPDNEeRiZQF7H6kvcQa4CIHv4rFnw6ryIQaAvV8EALw_wcB

Any reason that this would not be suitable?

FWIW - I replaced my original 2GM20 yanmar mechanical fuel pump this season,
and only after the priming shaft O-ring began to seep.    Didn't really see the
need to go to an electric pump and I like the integral priming lever.  Not sure
why folks seem to convert these to electric pumps if the OE pump is long lived,
self powered and integrated with the engine?  Any thoughts?

Dave

On Tue, 17 Aug 2021 at 09:35, CHARLES SCHEAFFER via CnC-List