I noticed the other day that my starboard cabin top hatch was leaking.  It
appeared to be coming in around the plexiglass itself.  It looks like a PO had
done some repair in the past, because there was a gooey black sealant on the
inside of the lens clearly added on top of the seal on the outboard part of the
lens, but not the inboard part (where it is now leaking).  I will eventually
pull the lens and reseal or replace, and will try Capt. Tolley’s, but wondering
if anyone knows what sealant might have been used which would still be gooey
after many years and bonds to plexiglass?  Nothing I have used stays gooey
after many years.  This all presumes the boat is still there tomorrow.  Wind
forecast is 50-60 at the mooring later today.  Fingers crossed.  Dave

David Knecht
Rear Commodore
Thames Yacht Club
New London, CT