Honestly the only course I want to see for big boats goes someplace. Long ago I
decided that if it was all going to be dinghy racing on short W/Ls, then race a
dinghy and save tens of thousands of dollars. Think about the cost of ONE sail
replacement on a big boat vs. an entire used dinghy.

On to another thing  - PHRF completely falls apart with sport boats (boats that
can plane) and conventional boat. Remember the C&C sport boats, the SR series?
We passed one like they were aground beating to weather in some chop. No rating
could save them. Then we turned the corner for Annapolis and they passed us
like we were going in reverse. No rating could save us. The boats are just too
different to race together. Kind of like racing a Ford GT40 against a Jeep, all
you have to do is look at the course and weather to know who is going to win.

Joe Della Barba

Coquina C&C 35 MK I

Kent Island MD USA