Listers, I just heard Rod Collins, aka Maine Sail, aka Compass Marine, aka
HowToMarine, had a hemorrhagic stroke last week. He has survived the stroke, is
out of ICU and headed to Rehab.  Apparently he is already on the mend and
joking around with nurses but, he's got quite a battle in his recovery ahead.
Rodd has been an inspiration to many of us and has provided untold hours of
support to the boating community through his website www.MarineHowTo.com and on
the Musings with Maine Sail forum on Sailboatowners.com. Rodd has also worked
with ABYC and Practical Sailor on issues relating to marine electrical systems.
Personally, Rodd has been a guru. I am a frequent visitor to his site as well
as a customer. The bulk of what I have learned about marine electrical systems
has come from Rodd. I hope that his recovery is quick and that he is able to
return to what he loved, helping others enjoy their boats and learn about
marine systems.  When I have a new project to accomplish on my boats,
MarineHowTo is always one of my first research tools.  He seems to have covered
at least something on just about everything we could come upon in our boat
maintenance and upgrades. Phil Herring has posted more information on
SailboatOwners.com. Here’s a link to his post:
https://forums.sailboatowners.com/threads/maine-sail-update.1249931174/
I’ll be sending a contribution to his recovery and hope others might be
able to follow suit. Danny