It’s interesting to see how the chainplate attachment progressed over time.
The post ‘84 boats seem to have solved this issue.   (I own a 33-2).  When I
was originally boat shopping I checked the chainplates in each (corvettes,
various 35s, and 33,34, 33-2.   Issues or prior repairs in the older boats were
the rule, not the exception.

If I were trying to fix an older model I might at least look at the 33-2, 35-3,
and 41 (and probably later models) for ideas.

Dave

Sent from my iPhone