Hi Garry,

Today I measured my forestay using a tape measure hoisted on a genoa halyard.
Its length was 40’ 1.5” with the turnbuckle more than halfway extended (photo
at
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1sxleLIDl3c1WqF-PZ0XumIcFVJU8toRb/view?usp=sharing).
  That’s from the masthead attachment point to the clevis pin holding the
toggle to the chainplate.  That’s as accurate as I can get without going up the
mast, or removing the forestay and measuring it stretched out on the ground.

Cheers,
Randy