I'm an insurance nerd (due to my job) and putting the marina on your
liability policy only protects them if you and they get sued as a result of
the same incident.  It does not give them the right to make a direct claim
against your insurance.  I agree though that boats owners should should
have marine liability policies as a general rule because they provide
broader cover intended to respond to the kinds of situations we get into.
However,  for boats less than a certain size (18 ft. I think) your
homeowner's policy will extend to the boat.  I hadn't thought about it
before,  but this is a good reason to consider the ownership of the marina-
never underestimate the the financial drivers of for profit owned marinas...

Bruce Whitmore
1994 C&C 37/40+
"Astralis"
Madeira Beach, FL