The Brass are a little fatter, but you don’t have to worry about SS on SS
Galling.

https://www.rockler.com/e-z-knife-threaded-insert-for-hard-wood-brass-pack-of-25

The SS ones allow for a smaller hole. Similar in price. I put a thin coating of
tefgel on a screw, put it in the helicoil, and pushed that into the hole filled
with thickened epoxy. I guess I liked the SS Helicoil better. Just a personal
preference.

https://www.mcmaster.com/helicoils/stainless-steel-helical-inserts-9/

I put them on the deck with 5200 (Don’t say it!) because  these hand rails
inevitably are stepped on sideways when the boat is heeling, and a 10-24
machine screw can’t handle that too well. But the allure of having an O-ring
seal for the ease of removing in the fall for varnishing is pretty hard to
ignore.

I sent you a picture of the install off list.

Bill Coleman

Entrada, Erie, PA