Danny and listers,
This year’s Defender Spring sale is dramatically different than the pre
pandemic in person sales. The retail store is limited to 40 customers at a time
and the only manufacturer reps on hand are from the paint companies.  I’ve been
a vendor to Defender for over 20 years and worked their sale every year.  But
we were not asked to participate. The good deals are still there, but no
different from what you will pay online.  Where once you had a close out room
for heavily discounted clothing and shoes, you may find special deals now
online.  New owners at Defender plus the uncertainty of holding a large in
person event when planning for all circumstances forced them to prioritize the
online aspect of their spring sale, which saw substantial growth even before
the Covid shutdown.
Chuck Gilchrest
1983 Landfall 35
Half Magic