And who would that be?  It is my understanding that Maine Sail had Bed-It
tape specially formulated.  To my knowledge, he was the only source.

Lots of discussions on lots of forums.  All say one of two things 1) Bed It
is really, absolutely better or 2) just buy any old crap from your local RV
store, it's all the same.  Nobody, repeat, nobody offered any definitive
proof that any other butyl tape was equivalent to, equal to or better than
Bed-It.  Many posters swore Bed-It was indeed better.

--
Dennis C.
Touche' 35-1 #83