I found that the luggage tag approach (attached at the middle of a long
continuous sheet) works well for me.  Of course that is only helpful if you
don't do headsail changes frequently or at all.  If you have eye splices in
your sheets you could try luggage tagging each of them to the clew if the
grommet in the sail is large enough to do that.

Nathan