From: David Knecht via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Date: 2022-06-18 18:55 (GMT-05:00)
To: CnC CnC discussion list <CnC-List@cnc-list.com>
Cc: David Knecht <davidakne...@gmail.com>
Subject: Stus-List Reefing lines

We raced today in a real blow and I was reminded to ask how others rig their
reefing lines.  I have a single reef point in my main and outhaul and reefing
line both exit the pulleys on the end of the boom.  When I want to reef, I have
generally run the reefing line up to the cringe, down and around the boom and
tied it to the boom. I have found it to be really difficult to pull the new
clew down and back to flatten the sail in both directions.  It seems like it
should work, but I am not sure if there is a better way.   How do others rig
for reefing?  Dave

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT

[cid:4073BE72-4704-4EA7-8EBA-B73B833F502B]