Hi Randy comments below:

1. Leading the tack line - I'm repurposing the foredeck padeye and block,
side-deck fairleads, and cabin-side cam cleat for my former pole down line to
run the asym tack line, which of course goes through the bowsprit lengthwise.
My pole down line is too short to be the asym tack line, so I've repurposed a
little-used genoa sheet.  I figure if the deck hardware was sufficient for a
symmetrical pole down line, it ought to suffice for an asym tack line.  Am I
wrong?

Might be bigger diameter than you need if you were using high tech line but
will work.  Bigger lines create more of a tripping hazard on the foredeck.
We keep our tackline close to the deck to prevent it from becoming a tripping
hazard

2. Where to put the turning blocks for the asym sheets: same place as for the
symmetrical, or farther forward?  For the symmetrical turning blocks I use
snatch blocks at the stern pulpit braces.

If the A2 was cut for the extended pole length the turning blocks will likely
need to be further aft than the spin sheets.  Probably start out in the same
place as it sounds like you are as far aft as you can be.  We use tweakers
depending on how deep you are sailing the sheets may need to be adjusted to
trim the sail and adjust the leech.

3. What winch to lead to / where to trim from?  My main competitor leads his
asym sheets to cabintop winches, and trims from the windward side deck so the
trimmer can see the whole sail.

High side cabin top, avoid the A2 sheet getting tangled with the main sheet.

4. When and how much to ease the tack line?  By default I assume it's
tensioned so that the aysm's tack is at the bowsprit and the luff is taut,
but it can be eased - how much, and under what conditions?

You will need to experiment with how much to ease the tack line and it will
depend upon wind strength and how deep you are sailing.  Generally downwind
if the tack line falls off to leeward you will likely need to tighten it, if
it rotates to windward that is golden.  Ours normally eased a few feet
downwind. Reaching likely as tight as you can get it unless it is really
light.

Thanks in advance for any wisdom you might share.

Fun fact: the sail is black, with a logo of an M67 grenade on both sides,
because of the etymology of my boat's name, and because of her color scheme
(red topsides, white deck and cabintop, black canvas.

Cheers,

Randy Stafford

SV Grenadine

C&C 30 MK I #79