All,

I have a Simrad TP [tiller pilot] 30 which has started to do hard over
"crazy Ivan's" with increasing frequency, to the point it does it within 3-4
minutes of turning it on.

Has anybody had a similar situation and solved it?  At first I would turn it
off, let it rest for 10 - 20 minutes and try it again for several hours if
not a full day.  That is not cutting it now.  5+ years ago I used it for
several double handed races and it did sit in salt water that could not
drain out the scuppers fast enough while in Standby mode - was a rough day.
So salt water may have gotten into the electronics.

Has anyone used the Simrad repair facilities with any success?    Is it
worth attempting a repair or am I better off just buying a new unit, the TP
32?  I have had this unit for over 10 years, so can rationalize buying new
and not playing with repairing this unit. Especially if I want to use it
this season.

Thanks,

Brian