Thanks for the report.  I communicated with Rob a few times via e-mail, but
did not get to meet him in person.  My loss.

From: Novabraid via CnC-List <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Sent: Wednesday, September 14, 2022 9:37 AM
To: 'Stus-List' <cnc-list@cnc-list.com>
Cc: csgilchr...@comcast.net
Subject: Stus-List Rob Ball

List folks,

As you all have heard, Rob Ball is no longer with us.  I was very fortunate
to know Rob and his family quite well as he and I worked together at Edson,
we raced together on various C&C's and Etchells and shared numerous dinners
and glasses of wine over the past few decades. His family and ours are
intertwined in many ways.  I will miss his friendship more than words can
express.

At his memorial service at the New Bedford Yacht Club attended by hundreds
of friends and colleagues, his C&C 35 Mk 3 "Opus" was dressed with signal
flags and a Canadian Flag flying from the stern on the club's main dock.  It
is with a tinge of happiness that I tell you all that his boat will be
heading north to its new permanent home in Newcastle, Ontario now being
skippered by Rob's son Dayton.  We're not sure when that will happen, either
on a trailer, or by water, but Dayton and his 3 young boys will continue
Rob's legacy of sailing back in Rob's home waters of Lake Ontario.

I'm sure Rob would be happy with that knowledge.

Chuck Gilchrest

S/V Half Magic

1983 Landfall 35

Padanaram, MA