I followed a tuning guide that I think I got from the C&C photo album site.  I
have rod rigging and a Loos gauge (used on Ebay).  Make sure vang and backstay
are loose.  Set rake (about 12" from gooseneck) with forestay/furler, tune
uppers, then mid then lowers.  I have now gone to Scar pins (wrap pins) that I
got on Ebay instead of cotter pins/rings for the turnbuckles.  Makes adjusting
much easier.  I have a fishing scale that I use to measure side to side
distance with the main halyard to measure centering of the top of the mast that
works reasonably well.

Lowers: 0.25" #10 rod 12% of breaking-  35-40 Loos
Intermediates: #6 rod 0.198" 10% of breaking 15-20 Loos
Uppers: 0.25" #10 rod, 10% breaking= 35-40 Loos
 There is slack in the leeward shrouds upwind.
Dave

S/V Aries
1990 C&C 34+
New London, CT